Friday, May 22, 2009

Lot's of work




I did get several new watercolors done while teaching my watercolor class which I have added to my fine art website http://www.yvonnesovereignfineart.com/ as well as a watercolor portrait of a man and his dog which was a surprise birthday gift. I managed to complete two more oils as I was "on a roll". Quiet Lowcountry Lane was inspired by a recent trip to South Carolina. I went there with a friend at the beginning of the month to attend a reception in Hilton Head where one of my paintings had been accepted in their juried show. The show was awesome, by the way, with a beautiful gallery and an amazing selection of artworks from around the country. We stayed in Hardeeville and the next morning took a leisurely tour of a wildlife preserve on Hilton Head and then on to Beaufort and Sheldon Church Ruins. My friend is an artist also so we looked for painterly subjects with cameras in hand. Look for more paintings from this trip as I was really inspired.


As for the next painting. I started this one a while back after my fall excursion to Virginia, the Blue Ridge Mountains, and Shenandoah Valley. I struggled with it for a couple days and was just about ready to fling it into the burn pile. Instead I left it in my studio and faced it to the wall. Yesterday, I turned it around, put it on my easel and started painting. The paint just rolled off my brushes and the results are Virginia Mountain Mist.


Today, I work on a little oil portrait of a whippet for a client.

No comments: