Monday, June 1, 2009

Charlottesville, VA weekend




I took my art booth on the road this past weekend to beautiful Charlottesville, VA and the dog show. I just love this show site as it is on the Foxfield Steeplechase grounds. Beautiful horse farms all around. Gorgeous green rolling hills and a view of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The weather was perfect too!


I took along my french easel and oil paints and worked on a small dog painting in front of my booth setup drawing curious onlookers both days. I didn't get it finished, but got a good start so I will show the WIP here.


After I closed the booth on Saturday evening, I toted my easel and paints to the other end of the grounds to get in one little 8 x 10" plein air painting of the scenery. Even though the show was over for the day, I got more onlookers watching my painting progress.


Seriously, I was never really comfortable being watched, so I just have made myself relax and do it and now I am fine with it!


No comments: