Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Rainy day today

Taking care of some personal business this morning, among other things getting some entry forms and CD's ready to submit to juried shows this month and sending off my booth rental for the Greenville Kennel Club show in February. If you are planning to attend, please stop by and see me. I will have my entire line of prints there. I have new ones too! I just finished two different Dalmatian watercolors, and I am working on a Tibetan Mastiff as well as a Flat Coated Retriever. These will all be made into prints and I am hoping to add a few more breeds, especially ones that I don't have yet.
I am also working on some new oil paintings, one a commission of a Mini Wire-haired Dachshund. I am working on a big 30 x 40" greyhound. I am doing a series of greyhound paintings. Although I have quite a few greyhound photos in my own arsenal, I was especially inspired by some of the photographs taken by a friend of mine, Sarah Regan-Snavely, and she is delighted to let me use some of them for reference. Sarah is a fantastic artist, a sculptor, specializing in greyhounds. If you get a chance, visit her website: http://greyhoundsculptor.com/
Quite a few years ago, I bought one of her greyhound busts for my own collection and I never tire of looking at it.
Well, it is off to the studio. Hopefully I will have some new oils to post here soon.
Yvonne

No comments: