Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The latest off the easel


A classically styled painting..... Russian Wolfhound (Borzoi) in a Landscape
This piece is 16 x 20" oil on gessoboard and framed in a lovely ornate gold frame that compliments it perfectly. It will be going to Vineland Gallery for display and sale next week. If you are near Southern Pines, NC, Kim Sobat of Vinelad Gallery would love to have you visit and see all the beautiful artworks featured there.
Me, well I have also been spending time painting plein air as well as in the stufio and have a few new little pieces to show for it. I am finding out what a learning process it is and know it will improve my skills in depicting landscapes, in seeing the true colors of nature, the effects of light and learning to simplify elements to make a memorable painting. That is my goal anyway! I read on the art board Wet Canvas, that it takes 120 plein air paintings under your belt before you really "get it." I think I have a long way to go.


No comments: